Tuesday 5 June 2012

Day 6

I'm in a fix... I'm not sure whether I should tell you about the lovely compliment I received recently or should I talk about working out..? I've spent an hour trying to pick one and decided to just type away. Hopefully my topic for today will pick itself and flow naturally.

So here's what happened last weekend. I accompanied Mum to a physio for treatment. As we took a seat Mum pointed out a sign that mentioned weight reduction services being offered there. It got the better of her attention and so when she was called for her treatment I'm guessing she started inquiring about what sort of services were being offered. When she was done the physio walked out with her and came to see me. 

Physio: "How much weight have you lost?"

I had the look every kid has when they realise their parents have been discussing something about them to a 3rd party without their consent. Somewhere between embarrassed, surprised and sort've expected (she had after all pointed out the sign to me) I just quickly made my peace with it and replied, "Around 20 odd kilos."

Physio: "You've done that by attending the gym?"
Me: "Yea"

Physio: "What sort've diet do you follow?"
Me: "I eat everything. Idli, Upma, Parathas, Rice, Bread" I made sure I stressed on the carbs. I love seeing that look on peoples faces when they hear you eat carbs and still lose weight.

That warranted more discussion and I happily obliged. After a more detailed discussion and fun and jokes he asked me my age. I was surprised and replied, "29" *rolling my eyes*

Him and his assistants looked surprised. So I asked, "Why? How old did you think I was?"
They replied, "19 or 20"

I thought it was because I was making funny jokes and being silly. So I asked, "are you trying to flatter me?"

He laughed and quickly said, "No! You really look very young. Usually when people lose such huge amounts of weight their skin gets dull. They develop huge dark circles. They look tired and worn out all the time. But you don't seem to have any such problems. Also you're still chubby and its hard to guess your real age."

Now, I was blushing...! Gotta admit I was a little embarrassed too so true to my style I said, "thank you, thank you" fluttering my eye lashes and started to get ready to leave.

I wanted to share this not so much to brag about the compliments but to stress about how important it is to eat right to lose weight. After all, we're doing it to look and feel good and when the insides are happy and good, it will automatically reflect on the outside.

Food is VERY important for all your body functions. Please don't deprive yourself of it and eat away for a more Fabulous You...! 

*I sincerely hope I don't have to add a disclaimer here about eating away. When I say that obviously I mean.. eating right.... ;)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment