Sunday 3 June 2012

Day 3 & 4

Since I wasn't been getting any results lately I was forced to do a bit of reflection to figure where I was falling short. One thing I did differently earlier was I recorded everything I ate. So its no surprise then that what I did next was go to a book store and buy myself a fancy little journal. Why? Just to make sure I enjoy writing.... Yes. I'm a little like that.... :)

What I decided to do was write down everything I did during the day. Right from what time I woke up, what I ate, drank, my activities during the day etc. Sort've like a reflection journal I guess. 

Its been 5 days today since I have been doing that and I've discovered a few facts already.

a) I always thought I was eating every two to two and half hours. Not true. Sometimes I had gaps as long as 5 hours between meals. That's one of the reasons why people often over eat or reach out for foods that are high in sugar. To avoid such situations its important to eat at regular intervals.

b) My water intake has automatically increased. Since I'm tracking the number of glasses I drink I am more conscious about how much I'm drinking during the day. Its no secret how drinking water helps flush out toxins, keep the skin hydrated (very important in this heat) also keeps the skin clean clear (No need for expensive creams and scrubs) and most importantly smooth tummy function... ;)

c) I feel more focussed. Every time I enter details in my journal I automatically start day dreaming about achieving my goal. That sort of day dreaming I'm told is very very important. It helps you stay on track and determined to go after your goals. 

And of course, needless to say it also helps me discover a new topic to share here. Earlier I kept neglecting my blog because I kept feeling I didn't have any topics to discuss here. Not anymore..:)


Just like you brush everyday a dose of daily motivation is necessary so your maintain the same level of focus towards your goals. If there's something you really want to achieve and are having problems staying focussed (just like me) why don't you try maintaining a reflection journal. Write down anything and everything you're doing everyday that's taking you closer to that goal. I promise you will find it very beneficial. But don't be a snob and please share your experience with me too.


Till I hear about your experiences....write your way to those great big achievements you dream of everyday.




No comments:

Post a Comment