Monday 4 June 2012

Day 5

Do you ever dream about things that seem really impossible? No, I'm not talking about those dreams where you see yourself as an alien with super powers that make world domination a possibility for you..! I'm talking about those that you see during the day. Those that sum up your aspirations.

Well, I read a beautiful quote today and felt so inspired so I felt like dedicating today's blog to the same.

"For the cynics & the skeptics, I'm sorry for you. I'm sorry you can't dream big and I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles." - L. Armstrong.

Its more powerful because it comes from a person who was told her didn't have long to go on this planet. He didn't give up and shut himself down. Instead went on to create a world record..! I mean.......(speechless)...! How then can someone like me who is completely healthy ever contemplate giving up on their aspirations? That'd be a shame.

My attitude towards my weight loss in the past may not have been the right one. Its no wonder I haven't gotten to my goal yet. Along the way, I probably lost credibility with the people who thought I'd go on to achieve my goals. Gave birth to one too many skeptics this time around I guess. But that's not going to stop me and I'm resolved to plow along.

Hopefully I have my own Armstrong moment one day... :) and wish you the same too... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment