Saturday 20 June 2015

Oh dear God!

Look what I found lying in the drafts - dated 2/8/13.. Not adjusting it now.. Don't you just love reading something you'd written a while back... reminds you of your state of mind at some point..almost like finding that $10 note in your jeans after its come from the wash :)

Oh dear God! It's been over a year and I have felt so guilty about not being regular. At first I made a commitment to write everyday... Lost track of that and became every week and who knows when that changed to never!

From being on holidays to prepping for our wedding to getting married and being married, I was so occupied that I always thought I'd write a little later and it never happened. Similar to my weight loss journey that had started off with full steam sort of died down about half way in between.

You see, I had hit a plateau. Nothing was working. I knew it was going to happen and when it did i would have to alter something in my diet and exercise routine. I wonder what happened to that. I started telling myself its ok to plateau and the weight will start falling again, soon.

Except, I just realised its been over a year! Who am I kidding? I haven't plateaued. I just lost track.
I kept procrastinating about my weight loss just like I did about writing and the thing about procrastination is that it doesn't let you achieve any of your goals. Either set a goal and focus your energy towards it. Feel in control of your life or just let it move on auto pilot.

I can't let that happen 'cause stories worth re-telling and a life worth remembering was never one that didn't have any goals and adventures. Also, I read recently that successful people are those who never stop trying. Coming back to both my goals I hope is proof that I'm still willing to try and so hopefully success is not far behind :)


No comments:

Post a Comment