Saturday 20 June 2015

And not just like that... I'm back :)

A lot has happened since I was last here…. maybe I’ll fill you in on those changes and experiences later but right now I should probably tell you all what brought me back.

I’m currently visiting my parents with our little daughter (I told you…a lot has changed!) 

My husband's back home and since its been a while we've been away when he called this morning I expected the whole “I miss you, can’t wait to see you, love you, what’s baby up to and hear about what he’s been up to in our absence. Instead our conversation took an unexpected turn which left me furious for the rest of the day.

Somehow our conversation steered towards what I wanted to achieve for myself. In particular he reminded me about this blog. About how excited I used to be with regards to my fitness and writing.

I stopped writing because something or the other always took priority. He asked me a few times why I stopped. Teased me that I was writing to impress him (We didn't even know each other then) and I used to tell myself I’ll write later and that obviously never happened. Procrastination's a BEEP.

I realised I had stopped doing quite a few things that made me really happy. Writing, pushing new boundaries with my fitness, focussing on my career goals or at least trying to figure out where I wanted to be... On the other hand I had taken my interest in baking a step further and started taking orders for birthday cakes (Not completely lost track, perhaps)

It was never a conscious decision to stop these things because “I am married now and have more responsibilities” or "I'm a new mom and my life has turned upside down" or anything of that sort but things got left behind.

I told you at the start how I spent the day being mad at my husband, remember?

So when my mum sensed how upset I was she asked me what happened. I narrated the story and her reply was, “What’s wrong with what he said?”

I don’t know about yours but I can always rely on my mum for the blunt truth. She has a knack for it or rather an inability to sugarcoat facts even if its her own daughter. Good or bad, we’ll discuss another time.

Then my sister called and happened to ask me about how my husband was doing. Of course I told her how upset I was and she asked, “What’s wrong with what he said?”

Seriously, both can’t be on his side!

Of course by now I've realised how one day of procrastination easily ended up in almost 2 years without even noticing it and feel grateful to have a husband who is reminding me of my goals and encouraging me to pursue them again.

Just need to have a discussion on sugarcoating facts in the future ;)

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad to see you back.. hope to read more of it.. love you.. :-)

    ReplyDelete