Wednesday 4 July 2012

Waist, wallet or.......?

What a deal breaker..! I thought I'd have 10 hours of shopping exercise again. Turns out the shops didn't care as much about the moolah as they did about celebrating and so they shut early. Oh well, I still got a good enough dose of exercise for the day.

Shamefully got to admit that I missed the parade today. Didn't know the street or time (downside of being new to the city) and so by the time I reached the show was over.. :(

As far as food and diet is concerned I still have to practice sharing or ordering kids meals. Got sucked into ordering a separate meal only because I'm a sucker for variety. But I managed breakfast and dinner with a home-cooked meal. That by my standards is an excellent effort considering I'm on holidays. That deserves a celebration and in anticipation of this good effort I already bought myself a new pair of shoes... ;)

See what I've done there? I've steered away from rewarding myself with food and wine and moved to greener pastures like retail therapy. I reckon better on the credit card than on the waist. There's only one little problem though. I'll have hatch a scheme that ensures constant flow of funds..... God..! So much to do and only one lifetime to do it all...!!!!

While I try to accomplish so many things bit by bit I'd really like to know what are some of the things you reward yourself with when you cross over little self-placed hurdles. Hopefully they'll help maintain my waistline and be easy on the wallet too.

Happy 4th of July everyone......:)

No comments:

Post a Comment