Monday 2 July 2012

Lost count on what day it is ..... :P

I think the last three weeks have been nothing short of a roller coaster for me. In between introducing my boyfriend to my family...(which involved a lot of feasting as typical to any Indian family) packing for my holidays and actually traveling I honestly had no time to track my food intake and definitely no time to check in here.

Today, marks a week since my holiday began here in the USA. After a lot of contemplating, I finally decided to face my fear and get on the scales. I had to. Having had some experience in this area before I know that the more I delay it the worst it gets so I just got on. Almost had a mini heart attack but quickly recovered when I realised the scales measured in pounds and not kilograms. Pleasantly surprised. No weight gain. Yay...!

I guess my vacation couldn't have come at a worst time. Here I am, trying to lose weight for an upcoming wedding and given my current environment I'm beginning to feel that maintaining my weight will be a task in itself. During this week I've noticed how everything here is super-sized. A regular coke is served in a jumbo glass. A serve of spaghetti bolognese is enough for four. It even comes with a salad which is a meal by itself. A single serve of ice cream is enough for two. I won't even start with the price difference between a small bag of chips and a family sized one which obviously tempts the buyer to get the bigger one at a cheaper price. With these recent experiences I've decided from now on I'm just going to order a kids meal or share with whoever I'm eating out with. Honestly struggled to finish the meals by myself and ended up getting them doggy-bag'd.

All my favourite foods are easily available. They are cheap and in large quantities. Now I understand why everyone warned me about taking a holiday at this time and the inevitable weight gain that would follow. I'm no less. I've taken it as a personal challenge to not only maintain my weight but also to shed a few kilos before I head back.

The only thing left is to hatch a genius plan on how I'm going to achieve that. I've started with 4-5 hour long walks around different shops every evening. That way I include cardio and weight training when I walk around lifting shopping bags... ;)

If you want to know how that's going, well, you're just going to have to continue reading. I am not going to promise this time about being regular but I will definitely try.

See you tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. P.S. I really can't figure why a part of this is post is highlighted. Working on it. Please ignore till its fixed.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always maintained, a la Carrie Bradshaw, that shopping is my cardio. It's the best form of cardio there is. Well, unless one isn't single...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Karrie.....;) I am only beginning to discover the health benefits related to shopping. A little slow in catching up but I'm getting there now..:)

    ReplyDelete