Thursday 1 March 2012

Slip ups..


Ever had anyone tell you "easy to say, hard to do?"
I seem to face them many times... a few more than many maybe. I like to attribute it to the fact that I seem to have an opinion on almost everything. I personally think its just a Sagittarius thing. If you're on you probably have a smirk on your facing thinking, "how true"

So why am I bringing this up?

Well, just last weekend I got to baking. Brownies, cupcakes, butter cream frosting. Me being a mere mortal gave in to temptation (just a little bit) and tasted them all. After that I went traveling for a few days and had an excuse not to exercise or eat as per my food plan. I got back and felt depressed for not having "been good" and reached out for chocolate. I'm telling you, this is a vicious cycle. 
You eat bad - put on weight- feel depressed - you eat chocolate - put on weight - feel depressed and so it goes.

Then as my day was coming to an end and I felt like I was giving in to evils that exist I met a friend online. My friend was discussing how a relationship had been called off and me being me, always with an opinion said "Calling it off is easy. You have to work on these things"

Suddenly it dawned on me that I've been in a relationship with my excess weight ever since I can remember. At first it didn't bother me. Then it stuck around and it started to be a pain. I had to do something about it to bring back the happiness I felt I was missing. I worked hard at it for some time. Here I was, trying to blog and encourage anyone in my situation to go after their goals. Just realised the depth in the wise words, "easy to say, hard to do" that people used when I offered my free advice.

Just like I'd never give up on a relationship that meant a lot to me, I can't let a slip up ruin all the good and hard work I'd put in. 

In that one moment my thought process just changed. Suddenly I was focussing my thoughts on the virtuous cycle. You know, the one where you exercise and eat right -sleep well - lose weight - feel better - full of positive energy - eat better - exercise better - sleep well - lose more weight - feel even better - more positive energy and so on.

With that thought, I take full responsibility for what I did and so am even more resolved to not let that sort of thing happen again.

So with dreams of a better and more powerful tomorrow waiting for me, I sign out.
I can't wait to be back here tomorrow morning.

Good night all. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment