Thursday 1 March 2012

Reflecting

Oh, what a feeling! I woke up in time, went for a walk and also broke a sweat...! That's a first in the last couple of months since I've stopped going to the gym... woohooo...!!!! (More on the gym front later)

Anyway, whilst I was feeling all powerful and positive I thought it might be a good time to reflect on why I'd gone off my program in the last few days. I narrowed it down to the fact that whenever I was asked what I wanted to eat or where, I just responded with "whatever everyone else feels like."

Now, its not so bad eating out at a place that everyone else decides. I could've still chosen my meals wisely. I could've still woken up early to exercise before the day began. I didn't do any of that. Guilty? Not as much as I'm wiser from that experience. I realised the following;

a) When I'm out in a group I don't want to be seen as a fussy person.
b) I sometimes find it difficult making the wiser choices when eating out.

It's a good start knowing what you did wrong because only then you can actually do something to fix it. 

I questioned myself further. Am I really guilty of inconveniencing others? 
The more I thought about it (and trust me, early mornings are best for reflections) I remembered how I had once refused to accept a half hour lunch break so I could go running while everyone else in my training program opted for the half hour break so they could finish early and go home. We had our own priorities and I completely refused to compromise on mine. It's because I wanted it so bad, I was almost blinded by it.

I guess that makes it very clear for me. I'm not afraid of inconveniencing anyone or being seen as a fussy person when it comes to going after the things that are really important for me. I just need to focus on making better choices for myself.

It is me after all that lives with the consequences of the choices I make.... :)


No comments:

Post a Comment