Wednesday 30 May 2012

Procrastination's a _ _ _ _ _

In my bid to maintain a 'G' rating of the content on my blog I'm trying to keep away from using swear words. I couldn't find a better title for this post so I just decided to let you come up with a word that could fill the blanks... ;)

Moving on....

Have you ever thought of doing something and caught yourself saying, "it can wait"?
You go back to it and think, "Maybe tomorrow"?
Multiple such tomorrows later you are now telling yourself, "I've delayed it so much now that it doesn't make any difference when I do it."

Before you know it a considerable amount of time has lapsed and you've either totally scrapped that task from your 'to do list' or its still making an appearance at the bottom of your priorities. In my opinion, if it's still making an appearance in your thoughts it means it's bloody important and about time you give it the attention it demands.

I'm sure with me back in this space you've already figured what I'm talking about. For those not clued in yet, my last post was in March! March! Can you believe it?! and this is despite the very public commitment to keep posting about my progress. Seriously, March...!!!! And it's almost June now!!!

Not a single day has gone by when I've not thought about posting about my progress or lack of. Not a single day has gone by when I've not felt guilty about not honouring my own commitments. As a natural human, I've cooked up many excuses to explain this lapse.

Now, if there's one thing I've learnt about setting goals and going after them is that you do not allow room for excuses. You recognise excuses and nip them in the bud. Excuses are a way of convincing yourself that the goal is not worth the effort and giving up on them. So in my effort to be at a zero tolerance level for excuses, I'm going to trash all the excuses I've cooked up and not offer a single one for the negligence on my part.

Anyway,  in my previous post I promised a progress update and here 'tis;

Weight loss since March:      Zero
Inch loss since March:          8.5 inches overall

Not totally ecstatic about the results but still I've moved forward.
Hoping things will get better from here on.

So, is there something you've been putting off for later? What excuses are you making to avoid it?

Before signing out, I'd like to share a quote I came across earlier today.

"Better to do something imperfectly than to do nothing flawlessly"


Till we meet again, adios. xo




No comments:

Post a Comment