Sunday 4 March 2012

Ambition 2012

Its been a little over a month since my new years resolution and just did a progress check. I lost 2 kilos. Not bad but definitely could've done much better.

Time to get a little serious me thinks. So I've decided I'm going to treat this like a little project and to honour the two experts who once jokingly suggested a title for my plans on making 2012 - The year of Tulsi, I'm going to call it "Ambition 2012". Sorry what? Stolen idea? It's called being inspired.... ;)

Just like any other project you undertake you need to have a clear image of what you want the end result to look like. Well for me, that's going to have to be to drop another 20 kilos so I'm a size 10-12 and the proud owner of a toned body with curves that talk volumes.. :) Hope I've been specific enough. I once learnt that when you set goals, they must be truly aspirational. Also, you never set them worrying about how you're going to achieve them. You just set the goal. And so, this is mine.

Since we're not going to worry about the 'How' lets look at what I'd need to drop the kilos and get a toned body?

A good eating plan and an effective exercise regime. Love and support from my near and dear ones. A positive and inspiring environment and good rest. Well, that's what I can come up with for now. I guess this bit may keep evolving.

Anyway, a good eating plan, I have. If you like I can share my daily activity journal but I'm worried my stalkers will be able to pick a good time to abduct or kill me ... :P

Exercise - While I'm still trying to decide on my favourite form of exercise, I've just renewed my gym membership and will be starting today. (Getting too hot for outdoor exercise)

Love and support - I have my parents around me who never let me give up on my dreams and aspirations. They catch me when I fall but are also very blunt at telling me when I am wrong. That's what you need. Not just someone who tells you how awesome you are but is also willing to show you the mirror.

A positive and inspiring environment - Have you ever experienced this? Your mind is focussing on one thing and turns out that you see and hear about it everywhere you look. Same way, I'm sure this will just happen automatically. If you want I may share a story that inspired me every now and then.

And it is important to have a realistic timeline - to measure progress otherwise its all just talk.
Initially, I'm aiming at 3 - 4 kilos loss by the end of this month. That's like 4 weeks time. Plenty, I think.

Now its time to stop talking and get started. Are you with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment